Wednesday, December 18, 2013

What I want to remember this Christmas

Dear Taylor, Anna and Hudson,

I feel like there are so many small moments to remember this year and I know better than to think my actual memory will help me do this:

So, first up, your Christmas lists:
Anna, this list is the best!  First, your printing here is so beautiful, I can tell you worked really really hard.  Second, goodness, I wonder if you list includes adding a few hundred square feet to your room because if you had all these things, plus your toys, we would have to find a new space for you and your bed!

You are clearly into "your look" right now.  You love a cute outfit, and prefer to be dressed up over yoga pants, any day.  I went to pick you up at soccer yesterday and you were wearing a plaid wool skirt, and a red wool sweater with sparkly buttons.  To soccer practice.  Dry clean only.  I resisted the temptation to say anything and told you you looked stunning and that I loved your outfit!  
 Taylor, your list is the perfect description of you.  Practical, with a quest for knowledge, but responsible enough to know that asking for too much would probably end with disappointment.  That said, my goodness your list is reasonable this year.  It makes my heart smile to see what an amazing human you are.
Hudson, each day you ask if it is Christmas morning with such excitement.  I can't wait to see what happens when it really IS Christmas morning!  We asked you what you would like this year and you said a toy- a kitty.  We will find the perfect toy kitty for you buddy!

xoxo
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment