Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A doctor a day.....

Dear Kids,

This is a familiar space.  Really familiar.
Dr. Jay's office.

I arrive and turn off the lights, turn on music, and wait.
 Peace. Quiet. A moment to be still with my thoughts.
We average a few appointments each week and it is tiring.
And expensive.

I have been home with you for almost two months.
The pros: 
-Time.  A lot of time with each of you.
-Connections. I am getting to know you in your environment- school.
I am getting to know your friends and their moms.
-Pace.  Our pace is slower.
-Therapy.  It is amazing- sometimes when someone you don't really know
tells you something about yourself. You believe them.
Even when the people that love you most have been telling you the same thing for years.

The cons:
Drama.  With connection comes drama.
Oh the drama of girls.  Ugh.  I could do without any of it.
-Time. Too much of it sometimes.
Too much time with my thoughts.
-Organization.  When I barely had time to breathe, I was uber organized.
Now that I have time, I am super disorganized.

Well loves, I love you each to the moon and back.
I am counting the minutes until summer.
xoxox
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment