Sunday, June 8, 2014

Flux

My sweet three,

So much is in flux.  

A year is ending- you have each had such a good year. 1st and 3rd grade are almost behind us. Summer begins.  Activity schedules are changing.  The cousins are coming.  

We transition.  We put away 180 days of hard work.  The first day of school feels like yesterday.  I can't believe how much you two have grown this year.  YOu seem so much older than this picture.

The pace slows down significantly after the last mass of the year...... when the saints go marching out.  I cry.  Every. Single. Year.

Uniforms are packed away for the summer. Flip flops and bathing suits and sun dresses come out.  It is a good time of year in so many ways.  

The hardest thing for me is getting used to a new schedule.  I really love a schedule, with early bed times, and order, and checklists.  We will try to do things a little bit different this year.  Less structure.  More late evening walks and bike rides.  Fewer things on those checklists.  More spontaneity.  



Let's see how we do this summer.  Shall we, my loves?

We are going to do our very best. 
xoxox
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment