Sunday, July 13, 2014

Heartbreak......when you least expect it.

My sweet kids,

I haven't found the words to tell you this, but this week, 
we learned that our beloved nanny, 
who I call Mary Poppins, is leaving us.  
Even worse, she has moved away, given no notice, and isn't responding to texts, calls, or emails.  
I am heartbroken.  
This last year has been beyond difficult for me, and often, 
I would say that Mary Poppins was the glue keeping us together.  
She was the calm in our chaotic lives.  
She was both the glitter and glue, while I am heavy on glue.  


This will be a loss we grieve.  We have loved her like a family member.  
She hasn't felt like a stranger in our home, she has blended in with our daily rhythms. 

Mary Poppins has loved the three of you like you were her own.  
She has pulled together last minute costumes, baked festive holiday treats, 
pulled together easter baskets, shopped for groceries and birthday presents, 
cleaned closets, taken you to doctor's appointments, 
and given you snuggles at the end of a long day.

Mostly, I am stunned that she is gone without so much as a goodbye.  
We hope she finds her way to a safe, happy life, but mostly, 
we will be sad that she is gone from ours.
xoxo

mom

No comments:

Post a Comment