Friday, September 19, 2014

Fall and muffins

Dear Kiddos,

Have you had enough of my muffins yet?  
I have been on a mission to get some sort of veggie in your brother.
We have tried some zucchini muffins made by one of my favorite
bloggers 71toes.  Recipe here.
We have tried Martha's banana zucchini muffins- delicious! Love the flaxseed in those.
We have tried Barefoot Contessa's Strawberry Muffins 
(I mean....really a cupcake, who are we kidding? How bad can that be? (cue Ina's awkward chuckle).

Finally, we tried a favorite from when I was a kid.  Morning Glory Muffins.
We used the Earthbound Farms recipe and it is so so delicious!
 They are packed with everything from zucchini and carrots to pineapple and golden raisins!
I loved the texture, and that you girls gobbled them up.
Hudson, you were a major fan of 71toes and Martha's muffins, but would have 
nothing to do with these or the BC cupcake.

Alas, these were hot and fresh at about 2pm when the house was quiet.
Hudson, you were sound asleep.
Girls, you were safely tucked at school.

I was so happy to enjoy a hot cup of tea and test these babies ALL BY MYSELF.
It felt so decadent that I pulled out my fav china.
 How pretty is that muffin?
 Anyway, we will keep trying different recipes and find the perfect,
 nutritious muffin for you Hudson.

In the meantime, the rest of us can keep on taste testing.... and keep exercising them off
so that our bottoms are not shaped like muffins.
Ugh.

xoxo
mom




No comments:

Post a Comment