Sunday, September 7, 2014

Labor Day Weekend in a nutshell

Taylor, Anna, and Hudson,

Our Labor Day weekend was supposed to be nice and quiet.
Of course, it wasn't.

We kicked off our weekend at the Elks with friends and 
wound up shutting down the place at 9pm.  
You swam, we had Papa Johns delivered. 
Ice Cream. Cupcakes.
Cocktails for the parents.
It was a good start to our little long weekend.
 Sadly, I don't remember most of our Saturday morning.
Also, these pics might have been taken on Sunday- I really can't remember.

So- we set out for Dick's sporting goods to get daddy a dove decoy for hunting.
I got a golf skirt and new glove for the golf tournament for school.
We then started wandering this massive store.
You girls wanted to check out the wetsuits after your day of boogie boarding.
As we headed to that section- we saw the bikes.

You girls have bikes.  Both are hand me downs from your boy cousins.  
Both bikes are also made for 5 year old boys.

We checked out the bike section and found these beauties for $129 each- a DEEP discount.
WOOT WOOT!
They tuned them up, sold us some sort of warranty, 
and after about six hours, we were off.
Seriously, we were there so long, Hudson and I went down stairs and got snacks.
 The next morning you two were ready to hit the streets for a bike ride.

 I headed out for a lovely brunch with my friend Cathy and then a quick stroll through TJ Maxx.
I am in love with this rug.
LOVE!

Monday morning- Labor Day
Back on the bikes. 
 THEN!!! 
THE craziest thing ever happened. 
HUBBIE RODE A BIKE.
Seriously, never in my life did I think I would see this.
 Let's get a closer look at this- shall we?
 Our door is freshly painted... and ready for our fall wreath.
I am thinking we have a lopsided fall wreath.
 Monday morning was pretty slow so Anna, you and Hudson threw out the yoga 
mat to relax and check out the neighborhood.
 We finished up this bookcase.
 Then I called Grandma and Papa to meet us for lunch.
It was such fun to get to spend some time with them, and you three were in heaven!!!
 Hudson, you loved chatting with Papa about your guns.
Nerf. Water. Super Soaker. Whatever other type there are.
 Papa looks really excited, no?

 A family picture with all of you looking at the camera and smiling.
Why would we do that?
Hudson, you had just knocked over two beach cruisers at C. Wonder.
Not embarrassing at all.
Really.
I will definitely wear a disguise when I go back and you will not return to that store.
Ever.
 All this cooperative behavior warranted a treat!
Grandma and Papa offered you three ice cream and you have never said no to that.
 So Pinkberry it was.

 It was super hot too, so this was an excellent treat.


When Daddy came home from dove hunting, he came bearing a TON of veggies.
The peppers were so so pretty!
 I have made ALL my tomato recipes now.
 We got to play vegetable santa too and dropped off tons of produce for friends.

All in all a great Labor Day weekend.
Relaxing- no
Super fun with friends and family- check.
xoxo
mom

















No comments:

Post a Comment