Tuesday, December 9, 2014

What to do when you over-schedule yourself.... EVERY.TIME.

Kiddos,

I am pretty sure you will find time and time again, that I try to control our weekend.  
I try to "hold space" (a concept crafted by the author of Momastery).  
The thing is, I am pretty good at saying no- this is not new information to you.  
When it comes to fitting things in for all of you, and trying to make it work, I don't say no.  I
 say, "ummm, sure, we can find a way to do that."   

Then it is 1 am on Thursday and I am making a spreadsheet to make sure everyone
 will be in the right place, at the right time, and actually have a ride both ways.  

Those weekends SUUUUUUCCCCKKKK!!  
This was one of those weekends.
I actually scheduled 1 hour to get and decorate a Christmas tree.
If that doesn't say "spirit of Christmas" I am not sure what will.

So, this weekend included:
 a holiday boutique and cocktail party
2 hip hop practices and a competition (3 separate events- 6 rides)
3 basketball games (again, 6 rides)
a new physical therapist for you Anna 2 cities away
a cousin sleepover, holiday parade and dinner

We made it through the weekend, 
and as  I sat down with my calendar for this week/weekend, 
I see that I haven't learned.
We will do it again this coming weekend.

EFFFFF
When will I learn kids? 

Anyway, here are the pics.
Our tree- a work in progress.
 St. Nick's day.........seriously, who thought of this day?
 Basketball o rama


 The RWC holiday parade and dinner
Finally some holiday spirit at our house.

 Hip hop hoooray, ho, hey.... (Every time.  Every time I hear this in my head)






No comments:

Post a Comment