Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Taking time

My sweet kids,

I have been having such a hard time lately.  
I have been trying to do too much, and have not done anything well.  
In the course of this, I have been grumpy, short, tired, stressed out, 
and generally unpleasant to be around. 
 I have not slept, I have had migraines, I have cried.  
Being a mom is a big job, not necessarily easy or hard, but it is a job and I take it seriously. 
 I love being your mom more than anything.
There has been no greater joy for me.
I am hoping that I get to the place where we can experience this together 
rather than the grumpy mom you have had.
  Because my day job has been really hard too, 
you three have been on the receiving end of my everything- 
last nerve, last bit of patience, frustration, exhaustion. 
All of it.  
I am so so sorry.

I am working on it though.  
I am trying to pull myself out of this.  
For each of you.
 For dad. 
Mostly for me.

And for moments like these:




I love you guys more than anything.
You are my world.
xoxo
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment