Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Book Reports Kinda Suck

Taylor,

I really wish I could tell you that I thought book reports are important. 
But I don't.
They are bull s*&t. 
It really doesn't help but we are starting yours REALLY late.

You were assigned the project weeks ago.
But I couldn't pull it together.
I couldn't bring myself to help you.
I'm so sorry.
What on earth is wrong with me? 


Now we are in the final week and the lack of planning has created a mad rush.
I hate a lack of planning/ mad rush situation.

We have skipped all your activities this week.
For this freaking thing.

If I haven't said this before, I think that after school time shouldn't be wasted on homework.
You should be outside.
Taking deep breaths.
Getting exercise.
Riding bikes.
Daydreaming.

Too bad this isn't reality.

On Monday (after I forgot to pick you up at school), we went to the library.
I packed the "everything on earth we might need for this freaking book report" case.
I brought snacks and drinks.
We spent 2.5 hours together and it was lovely.

Just the two of us, among our books.
Tonight, you mentioned that this was one of your favorite things we have ever done and hoped we could go more often.

I couldn't agree more Taylor.


Sadly,  I couldn't remember how to construct a book report.
Thanks to pinterest we had this handy sandwich.
It saved us.
So, Taylor,
I guess the means justify the ends.
Book reports are total crap, but I loved the time we spent.
I loved watching your mind work.
I savored the time we spent together.
It was quite and peaceful, and that is my favorite kind of time.

xoxo
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment