Monday, May 19, 2014

Moments

Dear Taylor, Anna, and Hudson,

I have, during my time away, set out to actually live in the moment with each of you more often, 
and if we are being honest, the bar for "more often" was really low.  
I had not really been in the moment in a LONG time.  
LONG.

After a busy weekend with our Anna, today was slow.  
Hudson, we savored a nice slow breakfast and "Wa Boowage."  
I love our dates there buddy.  You are mostly calm and happy. 
You love your chocowate chip madewines and 
you love to sit at the table next to me because you "are a big boy."


Anna, it was such fun to see you in action on yard duty.  
Don't get me wrong, I told Daddy that if I had to do yard duty again as long as I am alive, 
it will be far too soon, but I was happy to see you in your natural habitat... 
and horrified at the same time. 
You are a wild child, and maybe a manners class can replace swimming?

As you ran off to the play structure I snapped this picture of you rocking the arm and leg brace! 

There is a quote that says:
"You have to take life and ride it till the wheels fall off."
-Brad Sims

Anna, the wheels are off.  I saw you climbing and jumping around the play structure like you had limbs to spare and you almost gave me a complete heart attack.
Katie, your PT, has suggested we bubble wrap you and I think this might be our best bet.
 I was cleaning up my paper calendar and had to snap a picture.
It feels like this:

We lot A LOT of time at Packard and Stanford.  
Mine was all work, and most recently we have been there often as patients. 
So many appointments.
Mine.
Daddys.
Anna's now expanded apt. schedule.

Too much.

I read a Mark Twain quote that said:
"Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life."

PS- I forgot that I had written about the library moment here and gave its own post.
xoxo
your mom that has lost her mind

No comments:

Post a Comment