Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Grandpa's funny foods

Dear Taylor, Anna, and Hudson,

I have been thinking of Grandpa, and how he liked funny/silly foods.  My dad loved to cook, but also really loved a good Stouffer's meal.

He would often eat Creamed Chipped Beef.  Who eats this?  I am sure that it is mostly our friends in the mid-west.  Also, I am worried about who is buying this now that Grandpa isn't.



Grandpa also LOVED Welsh Rarebit.  Again, who eats this?  I know I tried chipped beef, but I really don't remember every trying Welsh Rarebit.

Ok, so for desserts.  Tapioca and rice pudding.  First, tapioca.  I know Grandpa would actually make this from scratch, but those tapioca pudding cups from the grocery store are seriously delicious.

Another of Grandpa's faves was definitely rice pudding.  That is, in fact, delicious too!!!   


Well, kiddos.  I know that these are really small things about Grandpa, but these are the things that made him so special to me.

xoxo
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment