Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Back to School

Dear Taylor and Anna,

You have been back in school for one week and a few days.  So far we have the following:
Cons:
1. Someone was kicked out of PE twice (that someone has only had PE twice-yikes).
2. Someone lost her homework, homework folder, and lunchbox.
3. We have already had a sick day.
4. I *might* be in over my head as room mom.
5. I forgot to pack snack more than once for each of you.
6. I do not enjoy packing lunches and hot lunch starts tomorrow. God bless the makers of healthy hot lunch that I can order from my iPhone.
7. There is SO much paper. I have a mountain in front of me to read, sort, and fill out.

Pros:
1. We love a schedule in this house.  The star charts are up and we are slowly getting the hang of remembering to check things off (see #2 and 5).
2. There is nothing better than watching Taylor help Anna with her religion homework.  Anna watches Taylor with such adoring eyes while Tay teaches her how to do the sign of the cross and learn the Lord's prayer.
3. You are back with your friends and you couldn't be happier.
4. Your school community is amazing and we think you are so lucky to be surrounded my so many wonderful families.
5. Hot lunch starts tomorrow.  WOO HOO!!! If only they had a snack program we would be in business.
6. Your uniforms. I love them. Our life is so much easier.
7. Fall = AYSO soccer, and it is such a great program.  We can't wait for your first games this weekend.

When we started this process of picking schools for you, it was always with the goal that we would raise children that would be life-long learners.  We have spent hours upon hours, and many sleepless nights, anguishing over where to send you to school (I promise, ask your dad, really, hours) and we feel at peace about where you are.  We are so proud of you both!  It is going to be such a great year.
xoxo
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment