Saturday, September 29, 2012

Grandpa, Part II AYSO

Dear Taylor, Anna and Hudson,

As we have watched you play AYSO this year I am so strongly reminded of Grandpa and his many years as my (or my siblings) AYSO coach.

When he coached us, he ALWAYS brought snack to practices.  This was back when nothing was local, organic, or sustainably farmed.  He brought Coke and Oreos or those vanilla sandwich cookies.  If it was really hot, there was a popsicle.  He always wore a whistle, and in our green machines team picture, he matched his shirt to our jerseys.

The phrases I most remember are "go after that ball"  "the balls is yours" and "look alive." I have so many funny memories of his coaching, but find it strangely hard to put them into words.  Grandpa loved to coach us!

So, as we watch you, and cheer/yell for you to "go after the ball" or "look alive" you can know I am thinking about Grandpa and how proud he would be if he could see you playing!
xoxo
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment