Saturday, October 27, 2012

Just in case

Dear Taylor, Anna and Hudson,

I am going to tell you about the first time Daddy met Grandpa.  I can remember some of the details like it was yesterday, but most are already hazy.

So, it was Grandpa's birthday and I was taking him out to dinner.  I had been dating Daddy for 11 days!!  11 days is really not long at all.  So, I was taking Grandpa to dinner, and decided it would be ok for him to meet Dad.  I wasn't ready for the entire dinner, so I picked Grandpa up for dinner, and had arranged that Daddy would pick me up form dinner (come at the very end for a minute or two) and then Grandpa would take my car home.

Well, quite a bit or negotiation ensued to make all this work.  Daddy offered to come for the whole dinner, Grandpa said, "why don't we make the reservation for three Just. in case"  (get it Justin, just in- he thought it was so funny).

Anyway, Daddy was so nervous that he got a speeding ticket on the way.  The two of them got along famously, and I will tell you MANY stories in your lives about how I really married a many much like my dad.  This dinner started a great friendship between Grandpa and Dad, and 11 months later we came back to the same place to have our first dinner as an engaged couple with both our families.

I was so lucky that Daddy was such a catch, and Grandpa loved him as much as I did:)
xoxo
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment