Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas is Coming!

Dear Taylor, Anna and Hudson,

There is a bit of magic that comes with having a Christmas tree and our decorations in the house.  I am not sure if it is the twinkly lights,  the elves (a whole other post on my feelings about the elf on the shelf), snuggling up to read christmas stories with hot coco.  I love all of it, and it brings a little cheer to our house.  

This past Sunday, there was a break in the crazy rain so we ran out to get a tree.  There wasn't a huge selection, but we picked one right away!  Daddy wasn't sure about it, but let me pick my favorite anyway:) (reason 1,234,989 why I love your dad).  We hauled it home to find that our tree was slightly taller than our roof, but Daddy fixed that too:)

We spent the afternoon decorating, and then redecorating the tree when we realized how high Hudson can reach.  Taylor, you did the mantle and the table.  Anna, you organized our 25 Christmas books to read the 24 nights before Christmas.  

Our advent calendars arrived on the third... a little late, but that is ok.  Pretty quickly after we opened them, you both lost yours for bad behavior and they are still safely in my closet.  I really hope you get them back soon, and you are on track for them to come back down tonight!  

Next up, Christmas cookie day!
xoxo
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment