Thursday, May 9, 2013

Happy Birthday Anna Girl!

My Dear Sweet Anna Girl



In celebration of your birthday, here is one of my favorite poems:

Now we are Six


When I was One,
I had just begun.
When I was Two,
I was nearly new.
When I was Three
I was hardly me.
When I was Four,
I was not much more.
When I was Five,
I was just alive.
But now I am Six,
I'm as clever as clever,
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.


-A.A. Milne

Anna, you are the most amazing, clever girl.  You are so special to us, and everyone you meet, in so many ways.  You are smart- SO SMART!  You are a reader now, and you love to read bible passages at night, and it is amazing to hear you sound out the words.  You are our social butterfly.  Everyone you meet is your new best friend, because your personality is so magnanimous.  Your sister is so devoted to you, and you are such an amazing care-taker of your brother.  He loves to be with you, knowing you will anticipate and meet his every need.

You have had a tough year with your foot, but you have taken it all in stride.  I am humbled by your strength and resilience every day.  Your doctors, nurses and therapists have all bet that you will change the world Anna, and I am sure of it.

Anna, we celebrate you turning six, and the amazing impact you have had on our lives.  We are so lucky to be your family!  I treasure every moment with you, especially your good night hugs- they are the best.
xoxo
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment