Thursday, May 23, 2013

Nightstands

Dear Taylor and Anna,

They say your bedroom should be your oasis.  I say that is a work in progress in our home.  We are slowly getting into routines with our charts and checklists.  One of my favorite things to look at in a home are nightstands.  I think they say so much about a person.  I peeked at each of yours, and almost cracked up laughing at how much yours say about you.

Anna, you have a lovely little mirrored table from Target.  (can't find a picture).  You have your lamp, and iPad docking station, and of course, this:
Taylor, this is your bedside table on its very best day.  It hasn't looked like this since the picture was taken,  but that is what makes it yours.  There are books stacked up, and flowing out of the cabinet.  There are slips of paper, little toys and treasures, magazines, bits of fabric, and your saved $.  All mixed together without much order, but it works for you, and that is what makes this room unique to you:) 

So, I will say that my table is special to me.  It was in my house growing up, and I have always loved the table.  It has a secret drawer, and there are flaps that flip up in the front and back if I need extra space or feel like a round table works better. I don't always have fresh flowers in our room, but they certainly brighten every morning. 
 I usually have a stack of books, but I am really more of an iPad reader these days.  I love to page through cookbooks and usually have a few on my table, especially if we are having dinner guests.  I love food pictures.  I keep a little jar for hair ties and a little pile for my jewelry at night- did you know I don't sleep with any jewelry on at night- at all?  Lastly, some pictures.  The one of Daddy is my favorite- he is dressed completely in hunting gear with Jessie tucked into him.  I don't hunt, don't love hunting gear, and am not a dog person, but I love that Daddy does.  I also keep a picture of us when we were newly engaged. So young, so much ahead:)  I don't think I could have dreamed how far we could come in such a short period of time.... together.... working as a team.  

xoxo
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment