Monday, August 12, 2013

I have lost control! A conversation on back to school organization.

Dear Kids,

I have not read the book The Happiness Project, but I am certain it would say that 
an organized home= a happy life. 
I am sure of it. If not, I will write a book that says that.

Years ago, a favorite blogger recommended Real Simple's guide to an organized home. You go room by room looking at each space as though your house will be on the market, and prepare the space. Real Simple gives excellent tips on how to do this, etc.

So, I have been trying to clean up our home, clear out clutter, and help you girls start the year with a fresh, organized home (with a happy mom).

Nothing makes me happier than this closet.  Really. Well, maybe you three.  I ironed every napkin in there too.  Love!
 Spices!  This isn't my most used space, but so happy it is clean.
 HAIR!  Many might think this is gross, but after years of running up and down the stairs for morning hair, we moved the hair supply drawer to the kitchen.  It makes life SO much easier.  
Everything in one place:)  
 We have not been using this cabinet well at all, after a good clean out, we are in business! We are storing all our large/awkward kitchen things, and some platters.  Above this is a cabinet full of wrapping supplies and other supplies we want to keep out of reach.
 I have been struggling with how to best organize medicines, etc.  I had this makeup organizer that is perfect for our supplies! 
Today, you may have been having cousin time, and I may have done you the favor of clearing out your drawers;)

Here is to order!

No comments:

Post a Comment