Monday, August 5, 2013

Yikes

Dear Taylor and Anna,

What a rough day.  Thank goodness we can start again tomorrow.  We had bickering, manipulating, unkind words, harsh voices, and generally being jerks.  When Hudson went to bed at 6, you two did as well.  I am not sure what the story was, but I look forward to a new day tomorrow.  I asked you both to suggest consequences for your behavior and you suggested: no technology for the week (done), having a bar of soap in your mouth for 10 minutes (I started to gag thinking about it), running around the block (you love doing this, not a consequence at all), and there were others, but I don't remember.  We are going with a VERY early bed time and no technology for the week.  You will both also get a nice talk with your dad when he gets home.  As a side note, I feel like it is 1954 when Dad comes home and has a firm talk with each of you about your behavior, but I think it is important that you both know what Dad and I are communicating about your behavior many times a day.

So, we will do better tomorrow.

While I was thinking about today, you can imagine that I started a project.  It was time to do something/anything in our room.  It is always the last space I spend time cleaning/organizing, but I was so mad at you two, I wasn't willing to improve a space you "live" in.  So, I went to the garage (which I cleaned and organized on Saturday- pictures after Dad does a dump run) found a couple curtain rods, dug into the linen closet (which is my project for tomorrow night), and did this!

It is a very small change, but I STRONGLY DISLIKE the little metal blinds that came in our room, but our windows face the neighbors and I wanted some block.  This is the perfect thing to brighten up the room just a bit.  Now I am dying to find something to hang over our bed:)
 My side.... missing something, just don't know what.
 Daddy's side. The view when you first walk in our room. 
I feel better already.  Tomorrow night, linen closet.  Who is excited? Just me.  Ok.
xoxo
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment