Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Last day of summer

Dear Taylor, Anna, and Hudson,

I realize I just posted about your first day of school, so let's back up and wrap up the summer, starting with the last day.  You all had one request- an ice cream sandwich from Cream.  Heaven. Had I done my research, I would have known that it was the street fair this weekend in Palo Alto, and I would have bribed you with ANYTHING to avoid it.  Well, shame on me.

So, we got there, and Daddy LOVES a street fair, so we parked and decided to check the line anyway. The line was loooooooong.  So long that I suggested we bribe the group of nice looking teenage girls at the front to get your treats and we would cover one of theirs in exchange for not waiting in that eternity. Daddy wouldn't do it.... so we walked through the fair.
 You girls were SO super excited.  You loved to see the sculptures and paintings, the jewelry and handmade crafts....Hudson loved to touch the ground, curb, and be carried 
(rubbing his nasty hands on my shirt). 
 I think we are on the same page about street fairs buddy.
We stopped for gelato at a cute little place. Walked to a little open square to play in the fountain, but Hudson of course has a fear of water/outdoor water features/who knows.
Once we got Hudson away from the water, he was much happier so I grabbed this quick picture of my summer bunnies before we headed back to the car.

Goodbye summer.  Time flew by too quickly.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment