Sunday, June 30, 2013

Boyfriends

Dear Hudson,

I often call you my boyfriend- when we are together, you insist that we don't get more than a few feet apart.  It has been HOT here, so we hit the city for the day to get a break from our house, and the super hot temps.  We were super happy with 80, which is unheard of for SF in the summer.

Buddy, you were so so happy playing with your "bag of tricks" cars, and a bunch of other stuff with names I haven't learned yet:)


We got some snuggle time while your sisters passed an hour in the tub.  Mostly, you diving on top of me while I tried to protect my eyes:)  You gave me a good cuddle to make up for it- day made.

We discovered the red phone isn't connected which provided more entertainment than you can imagine.  Hudson, you were so so cute talking to daddy on the phone.  You let him talk to your car- so so kind.
Don't get me wrong, you look like an angel in these pictures, and you were really darling most of the day.  There were a few moments where I said to myself, "um, is that you satan, or are those my darling children?"  


Obviously a nice, lovely Hudson moment.
Things I didn't take pictures of:
1. You drawing on Hubbie's new couch with a pen.
2. Someone breaking a glass, me loading it into a bag, 
then the bag falling off the counter, glass everywhere.
3. Diarrhea.  Everywhere.
4. 45 minute nap anyone?  That's ok, we usually have a two hour nap and 12 good hours at night.  
Clearly, the crying and fits are because you are sleeping too much.  We will cut back:(
5. Trying to leave the city when pride weekend was wrapping up.  Anna, "mom, that man doesn't have any pants on his tushie. OR HIS FRONT! I CAN SEE HIS PEE PEE" Hysterical laughing ensues.  

On the upside.  NOTHING makes me happier than you, Hudson, saying
 "Shall we wook at my wetters? Wook at my wetters." 
Anytime buddy. I'll be sad when you learn the "l" sound.

I am so happy (80% of the time) that you insist on attaching to my side.  
I am going to remind you of this when you are in high school, 
the sisters are hopefully tucked away in colleges, 
or some other program that demands they don't live at home, 
and I want a dinner/movie date with my boyfriend.  
No, not you daddy.
xoxo
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment