Saturday, June 15, 2013

Father's Day

Dear Taylor, Anna, and Hudson,

While I will post about your amazing dad tomorrow, I wanted to take a minute to tell you about Grandpa today, since he is my dad.  This is the first Father's Day since he died and I am really sad.  Do you know that the advertising leading up to this holiday is NON STOP!  I have made a mental list of all the things Grandpa would have loved in the last year.  I won't list everything but a few of the things he would have been thrilled by:

1. Anna's kinder celebration
2. The new Exploratorium
3. Dance Recitals
4. Hudson's constant chatter and saying "I'm funny"  "I'm silly"
5. You girls talking about Grandpa's magic tricks
6. Hearing about Daddy's trips all over the world.
7. Watching his 9 grandchildren grow, learn, change.
8. Taylor's first communion.  He found it so incredible that all of his grandchildren were baptized and were being raised Catholic.
9. The reading!  He would have loved hearing about all the books you all have been reading.
10.  Each of your personalities.   Grandpa thought that you were incredible people.  He loved you for your curiosity, love of learning, kindness, spunk and humor.

I miss Grandpa so much that is unbearable some days.  I so wish I could have one more chance to talk to him or ask him so many questions.  I feel so lucky that I got 35 Father's Days (most of which I gave him ties he never wore).  I am so lucky he got to know your dad, love him, and watch me marry him.  I love that he met all three of you.  I think it is fate that Hudson came into our lives and Grandpa came out to meet him.  It was the last time I saw him.

Here is a picture from when I was a tiny baby.
So, tomorrow we will celebrate how lucky it is that we have Daddy, but today, I will remember how lucky I was to have Grandpa as my dad.
xoxo
mom


1 comment:

  1. I miss you Bob. You would be very proud of what an amazing daughter you have.

    ReplyDelete