Friday, January 3, 2014

A day in the life.....

Well Kiddos,

We are off to a terrible start when it comes to keeping a sane schedule and managing our time well.  
I blame myself since I manage our time. 

Yesterday went like this.

8am camp drop off
Then Daddy, Hudson and I went to the paint store because 
I was convinced we needed to repaint. EVERYTHING. 
We wrapped up a great trip where I talked daddy into letting me repaint most of the downstairs 
and get swatches for the upstairs (tee hee- upstairs painting coming soon).

We happened to be near an insane burrito place so we stopped and grabbed a few on our way home.
We raced from there to drop daddy and HTD, then I got you Anna from camp.

You ate a burrito in the car before your noon PT appointment. 
This was your first trip back this year and.... it felt like no break at all.

The ladies were happy to see you, and you were thrilled to see them.
 From there I picked up Taylor from camp, then we got Anna at PT....
Then got dad and Hudson at home and off to teeth cleaning!
I love the purple look for plaque dye.  
It takes all the cheating out of tooth brushing.
GOLD STAR KIDS! No cavities.
Can we take a moment to reflect on how lucky you are.
When I was a kid we maybe had a walkman to play music... this is so ridiculous.
They clean your teeth while you watch movies???

Anna, you were one chair over also got an A+ in brushing.
 Hudson, there are no pictures of your appointment because you had a defcon 10 meltdown.
You were fine until you had to get in the chair.  
Mind you, I was in the chair with you, but you were NOT having it.
So, in an effort to just get your teeth counted I held you while you kicked me non stop.
Daddy tried to hold your legs, and then you SCREAMED!
It was such fun love.
I am sure it will take a few hundred therapy sessions to work through all your anxiety.
By that time, I am sure I will have developed anxiety thanks to years of dragging you through TORTURE like getting your teeth counted.
:)


We finished the day with basketball camp homework.
It is coach appreciation day tomorrow (which I didn't know about).
Taylor, you made the nicest note for your coach.

Then, because I was not exhausted from all the above, I decided to paint the living spaces downstairs.
So, my New Year's Resolution is going to be to do my best to maintain sanity in our days/weeks/months.  While a day may be chaos, hopefully there will be a feeling of calm overall.

xoxo
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment