Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The party

Hi Kids,
Sorry, another one for Daddy.

The party.
When we thought about your birthday, 
we imagined our friends gathered around the table enjoying a meal.
It was perfect.

The favors: 2 PBRs and 2 pocket pies. The epitome of you love.
 The table.  
Another view of the pretty table.  
It was definitely a tight squeeze, but I loved the feeling of being at our home.
 The easiest appetizer.   
I am a firm believer of Ina's rule for entertaining which is make about 3 things and assemble the rest.
We have huge Ikea cutting boards.  Marcona Almonds, Cheese, Appricots.  
I forgot the grapes, which would have added nice color:(

This cake was heaven.  HEAVEN.  I ordered from one of our favorite bakeries, Susie Cakes!
People who hate carrot cake, loved this cake. People who love carrot cake, ate seconds and thirds. 




 Lighting candles. Thank God Jill remembered before dinner:)


 Last minute prep/getting dinner ready.  Thank god for Cathy!

Well, that sums up the party!  We had such a special night with so many special friends.  
I loved it and I loved celebrating with you!
xoxo
me

No comments:

Post a Comment