Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My Tay Girl

Dear Taylor,

I have noticed in the past few days that you have matured so significantly, right before my eyes.  
If I were to describe you in a few words, 
I might say you are so smart it blows my mind, 
your memory is unfailing, 
your voracity as a reader is like I have never seen, 
and you are slowly finding your way in the world.  
Most of these things describe you perfectly.  

You are starting to find your way amongst others.  
You are settling into a group of friends, you are finding hobbies that you enjoy,  a
nd you have found your rhythm as big sister and leader.  
As a sister you are funny as anything, silly, patient and kind.  
You make Hudson laugh so hard he aches, 
you play games that are so silly it surprises me, 
and with Anna you are gentle, caring, kind, and best friend.  

You were our first baby and I always wanted you to have a sister so you could have the built in partner in crime that I had with Meggie and Daddy had with Pat Pat.  
We often hear other parents talk about the non stop fighting and bickering, 
and while we certainly have that, it is very mild.  
I think this is because of your temperament with Anna.  
You let the little things roll off your back.  I am grateful for this.

I am so so proud of you every single day.  
I am so proud to be your mom. 
I love you so much.






No comments:

Post a Comment